The Shamlaji Temple is a very famous and worshipped temple which stands on the banks of the river Meshwo, in veneration of Lord Vishnu. A number of devotees gather during the month of November to be a part of this great cultural spectacle called Shamlaji fair that lasts for about three weeks.
Devotees are seen coming on foot, on camel and other means singing and dancing to participate in this fair. Many people are seen carrying flags, banners with their sacred symbols on them. During the Fair one of the main attractions of the devotees lies in taking sacred bathe in the river Meshwo, on the banks of which Shamlaji Temple is situated. They also offer prayers to the deity.
- The famed cattle fair is held at Sonepur
- Apart from the religious significance
- Karni Mata Fair sms
- The first day of Teej is called the “Dar Khane Din
- The shrine of Kaila Devi
- Jwalamukhi Fair sms
- Gogamedi Fair celebrated each year
- Bhadrapada Ambaji Mela is a multicultural fair